Ingredients for Stir-Fry:
- 125g (1/4lb) Wing's Yet-Ca-Mein noodles
- 200g sliced meats or seafood
- 2 tablespoon oyster flavoured sauce and/or soya sauce (for marinating meat only)
- 1 to 2 cup(s) chopped mixed vegetables
- 1/4 medium sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 dash scotch or sherry
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soya sauce or oyster flavoured sauce
- 2 tablespoons water or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch chilli sauce or flakes (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, add dry Yet-Ca-Mein noodles. Reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Immediately drain. Rinse and set aside in cold water.
- Slice your favourite meats or seafood. If using meat, marinate with soya sauce and/or oyster flavoured sauce for 10 minutes (or use chinese barbecued meats).
- Chop the mixed vegetables, slice the onion, and mince the garlic clove.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the stir-fry sauce together.
- In a pre-heated wok, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1/2 clove of minced garlic and sliced meats or seafood. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside and cover.
- In a pre-heated wok, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, onions and 1/2 clove of minced garlic. Stir-fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add in vegetables. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper (to taste), then add a dash of scotch or sherry, and 1 tablespoon of water (if needed). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked meats and Yet-Ca-Mein noodles back to the wok and reheat for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Mix well.
- Add stir-fry sauce to the wok, continue mixing for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped shallots or coriander. Enjoy.
- Yields 1 serving.