Beef with Rice Noodles
- 1 package of Wing's 900g Sha-Ho-Fun Rice Noodles
- 1 strip loin steak (about 300g)
- 450g bean sprouts
- 1 medium onion
- 2 shallots
- 65 ml (2 oz) mushroom flavoured soy sauce (or to taste)
- Vegetable or Canola Oil (for stir frying)
- In a large bowl, separate the strands of the rice noodles.
- Cut strip loin steak into slices, about 1/8" thick.
- Cut the onion in half. Discard outer skin. Cut onion in thin slices.
- Cut shallots into 3 equal sections. Julienne each section lengthwise.
- In a pre-heated wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the beef slices for approximately 1-2 minutes, sprinkling salt over beef, to taste. Drizzle 5 ml of mushroom flavoured soy sauce over beef. Set aside.
- In a large pre-heated wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) to the oil. Add half the onion and shallots, and stir fry until translucent. Add half the bean sprouts and 2 tablespoons of sugar, and continue stir frying for another minute.
- Add half of the beef and half of the rice noodles to the wok and lower the heat to medium. Drizzle about 30ml of mushroom flavoured soy sauce over the noodles. Mix well for another 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside. Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining half of the ingredients.
Serves 4 to 6 people.