Won Ton Soup
- 450g minced pork
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small tin (227ml) of water chestnut (chopped)
- 6 dried black chinese mushrooms (reconstituted* and diced)
- 2-3 packages of Wing's 400g Won Ton Paste Covers (or 1 pkg of Wing's 1kg Won Ton Paste Covers)
- Chicken broth or other soup base
- Place all the ingredients (except for the Won Ton covers) into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix well over medium speed.
- Shape approximately 1 tablespoon of filling (or desired amount) into a sphere, and place it in the middle of the Won Ton cover.
- Brush each side of the cover with water. Bring the edges together, and then press down on the cover to seal.
- Cook in boiling water until Won Tons float to the top of the pot, and continue cooking for another minute (approximately 3 to 5 minutes in total - depending on the number of Won Tons in the pot - do not overcrowd).
- Strain out the water. Rinse Won Tons under cold water and drain.
- Won Tons are now ready to be added to your favourite soup base.
- If desired, garnish with chopped green shallots and Wing's Fried Noodles.
*To reconstitute, soak in hot water until soft (approximately 30 minutes).
Once assembled, Won Tons may be frozen (either raw or cooked).