Shao (Siu) Mai Dumplings
- 500g minced pork
- 3 dried chinese mushrooms (reconstituted*)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 shallots
- 1/4 onion
- 1/4 can (56 ml) of bamboo shoots
- 2 stalks of bak choy
- 2 sprigs of coriander (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package of Wing's 340g Chiao Tzu skins
- Dice all vegetables.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (except for the Chiao Tzu skins) together.
- Place one Chiao Tzu skin in the palm of one hand. With the other hand, place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling in the centre of the skin. Then, using both hands, bring the skin around the filling, leaving the top open, and shaping it into a cylinder.
- Repeat step 3 with remaining covers and filling.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
*To reconstitute, soak in hot water until soft (approximately 30 minutes).
Yields approximately 50 Shao Mai dumplings.
Once assembled, Shao Mai dumplings may be frozen for 1-2 months (either raw or cooked).