- 1 head of cabbage (approximately 2kg)
- 4 tablespoons table salt
- 1kg minced pork
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 egg
- 4 packages of Wing's 500g Egg Roll Covers (or 2 pkgs of Wing's 1kg Egg Roll Covers)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Quarter the cabbage and remove the centre core.
- Cut cabbage into thin strips.
- Add salt to cabbage. Mix well and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Discard the accumulated water and squeeze out any remaining water from the cabbage.
- Place minced pork into a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add sugar, pepper and sesame oil to the minced pork, and mix well on medium speed.
- Place cabbage, prepared meat, onion and celery in a large bowl and mix by hand.
- In a small bowl, mix egg and water (about 2 teaspoons) to make an egg wash.
- Shape approximately 1/2 cup of filling (or desired amount) into an oval, and place it in the middle of the egg roll cover.
- Brush the edges of the cover with the egg wash. Bring opposite edges together and roll it into a cylinder. Press down on open ends to seal.
- Deep fry the egg rolls in vegetable oil at 300°F until golden brown (approximately 6-7 minutes).
- Serve with Wing's Egg Roll Sauce
Yields approximately 60 to 70 egg rolls.
When cooled, cooked egg rolls may be frozen.